Master Oracle 11g Data Guard
Everything you need to know about Oracle Data Guard technology
|12,033 Students enrolled 3.7 hours on-demand video Oracle 11g version Full lifetime access Certificate of completion|
About this course
Oracle Data Guard is a technology which helps you protect against planned and unplanned downtime. Master Oracle 11g Data Guard video course teaches you how to implement Oracle Data Guard in real time environment. The course briefly discuss about the need of Oracle Data Guard, Oracle High Availability and how to setup Oracle Data Guard. The course also explores Data Guard architecture, function, different types and more.
Enroll into the course and start learning how to use Oracle Data Guard to achieve highly available Oracle Database!
After the completion of the Course, you should be able to:
- Know the data guard components and different types of standby databases
- Production server changes for Data Guard
- Parameter changes for production and standby server
- Clone production and create physical standby
- Master how to verify your Data Guard setup
- Convert Physical Standby into Active Data Guard
- Managing the Data Guard Configuration
- Basic Operating System knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Database Administration
- Internet connection with minimum 512 Kbps speed
- Standard laptop / desktop for practicing course assignments
- Windows / Mac / Linux PC, Minimum 8 GB RAM and 100 GB HDD Storage
- Virtualization software VirtualBox – Create two machines
- OEL 5.9 / 6.5 ISO image file to install Linux on Virtual Box
- Anyone who would like to learn Oracle Data Guard Technology
- On job people, who are looking to become expert in Oracle Data Guard
- For students who completed – Oracle 11g Basic DBA course
Meet Your Instructor!
Hi there! I'm Arun Kumar, owner and instructor at DBA Genesis. I created this platform to share my DBA knowledge with all of you. My vision is to simplify DBA learning in order to make you become more competent in your professional career.
I am an Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle RAC Certified Implementation Specialist and Oracle Certified Professional along with few more credible certifications under my hat.
Introduction to Physical Standby - 2:34
Why Physical Standby - 2:17
Physical Standby Configuration Overview - 2:01
Production server changes for Data Guard - 39:53
Parameter changes for production and standby server - 35:02
Clone production and create physical standby - 11:51
Starting Log Apply Service on Standby - 8:51